We are looking for someone to join our team in London.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Associate will be an integral member of the Commercial Advisory team and will be involved across the full cycle of our client engagements. The role will provide ample career development opportunities, working alongside experienced management consultants and seasoned Exploration & Production (E&P) and Oilfield Services (OFS) professionals.
This is a highly varied and fast paced role that includes exposure to all aspects of the upstream energy industry. The role focuses primarily on project execution across E&P and OFS sectors. Additional responsibilities of the role include the support of thought leadership and business development initiatives, as well as improving internal processes. Recent engagements include: (i) providing corporate strategy advice to upstream Oil & Gas corporates, (ii) advising on Oil & Gas M&A, capital raising and financial restructuring transactions, and (iii) supporting a range of industry bodies to help shape the future of the energy industry.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with research teams to make sure that appropriate data is collected and screened for quality, ensuring that any lessons learned are fed back throughout each client engagement
- Support the Commercial Advisory team to create bespoke market models
- Conduct bespoke research, either through desktop research or industry consultations
- Support the analysis of data & results and the provision of expert market insights
- Draft reports and presentations including presenting key conclusions to clients
- Proactively engage with professionals across Westwood to ensure that the Commercial Advisory team remains at the cutting edge of industry developments and that developments to our databases, processes and publications are clearly understood
- Proactively support the delivery of high-quality & timely commercial advisory mandates
- Be committed to encouraging group and client success, making sure the client always comes first
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Be committed to Equal Opportunities
Key Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent data handling and manipulations skills, including large datasets
- Excellent Excel skills: strong market modelling and problem-solving abilities, experience with VBA desired
- Ability to convey conclusions clearly and succinctly to all stakeholders (technical experts through to C-Suite)
- Client interaction: this role is client facing and as such excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to empathise with clients is essential
- Commercial acumen: an understanding of common factors impacting business strategy development and success
- Ability to ‘join the dots’ between disparate data sets and clearly convey insights from your analysis. An ability to understand the interactions between technical and commercial disciplines
- Time management: ability to manage time effectively to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality control
- Understanding of company reports, business planning processes and financial statements desired.
- Logical Reasoning
- 2 – 3 years of work experience
Knowledge & Relevant Qualifications
- Relevant degree in Economics, Business or a STEM discipline (beneficial but not essential)
- Oil & Gas market understanding across both E&P and/or OFS sectors is beneficial
Personal Attributes & Other Requirements
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining view of the bigger picture, fast learner
- Enthusiastic and dedicated
- Desire and ability to thrive on close-knit team dynamics
- Critical and curious mindset
- Professional demeanour
- Constructive and reliable team member with “can-do” attitude. Willing to go above and beyond to ensure success
- Ability to think around a problem from different angles (e.g. understand the point of view of different stakeholders)
- Ability to form relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable interest in continuous learning, and an interest in keeping up to date with industry trends, technologies, projects and the macro environment
- Flexibility & adaptability: ability to grasp new markets/ideas quickly and rapidly understand the key drivers behind markets/equipment/technology/regulation.
In the first instance, send your CV to email@example.com.