We are looking for someone to join our team in London.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Associate / Manager will be an integral member of the Commercial Advisory team at Westwood Global Energy (“Westwood” or the “Company”) and will be involved across the full cycle of client engagements. The role will provide ample career development opportunities, helping to drive the successful delivery of advisory projects alongside experienced management consultants and credible upstream energy research professionals.
This is a highly varied and fast-paced role that includes exposure to all aspects of the upstream energy industry – E&P, OFS and Energy Transition. The role focuses primarily on project management and execution of consulting / advisory mandates. Additional responsibilities include the support of thought leadership and business development initiatives, as well as improving internal processes.
Recent engagements include: (i) providing corporate strategy advice to upstream Oil & Gas corporates, (ii) advising on Oil & Gas M&A, capital raising and financial restructuring transactions, and (iii) supporting a range of industry bodies to help shape the future of the energy industry.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management and execution of consulting / advisory mandates, with limited supervision:
- Ensure Westwood’s advisory services are delivered consistently to the highest quality and with through professionalism
- Drive the analysis and drafting of advisory project deliverable/s, whether that be through bespoke market modelling, desktop research or industry consultations etc. This role is as much about project management as it is about execution, so you will need to be able to confidently work both at a high-level and also with granular details
- Draft reports and presentations, including presenting key conclusions and recommendations to clients
- Take ownership of analysis (quantitative & qualitative) and project deliverables (written reports and presentations), ensuring all are of the highest standard
- Proactively engage with professionals across Westwood to ensure that the Commercial Advisory team remains at the cutting edge of industry developments and that developments to our databases, processes and publications are clearly understood
- Ensure strict adherence to agreed timelines and QC standards
- Assist the Group Head of Consulting and other Business Development leaders to develop project proposals / bids, and marketing materials for the purposes of business development. Support the Group Head of Consulting in presentation of materials to clients through prior research, confident and robust narrative.
- Contribute proactively to thought leadership initiatives via white papers, Westwood Insights etc.
- Work with research teams to make sure that appropriate data is collected and screened for quality, ensuring that any lessons learned are fed back throughout each client engagement
- Be committed to encouraging group and client success, making sure the client always comes first
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Be committed to Equal Opportunities
Key Skills & Abilities
- Professional demeanour, with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to empathise with clients
- Strong attention to detail and accountability for both project delivery and quality control
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills – able to clearly and succinctly communicate at all levels (from technical experts through to C-Suite)
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work on multiple simultaneous workstreams, effectively meeting tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards
- Ability to ‘join the dots’ between disparate data sets and clearly convey insights from analysis. An ability to understand the interactions between technical and commercial disciplines
- Excellent Excel skills: strong data handling / manipulation, market modelling and problem-solving abilities, experience with VBA desired
- Commercial acumen: an understanding of factors impacting business strategy, development and outcome
- Understanding and familiarity with company annual / half yearly reports, business planning processes and financial statements.
- Logical Reasoning
- c. 3 – 7 years of relevant consulting / advisory experience
- Energy sector experience highly desirable but not mandatory
Knowledge & Relevant Qualifications
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in Economics, Business or a STEM discipline
- Oil & Gas market understanding preferable
Personal Attributes & Other Requirements
- Fast learner, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Desire and ability to thrive on close-knit team dynamics
- Critical and curious mindset
- Constructive and reliable team member with “can-do” attitude. Willing to go above and beyond to ensure success
- Ability to think around a problem from different angles (e.g. understand the point of view of different stakeholders)
- Ability to form relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable interest in continuous learning, and an interest in keeping up to date with industry trends, technologies, projects and the macro environment
- Flexibility & adaptability: ability to grasp new markets/ideas quickly and rapidly understand the key drivers behind markets/equipment/technology/regulation.
In the first instance, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.