We are a leading provider of information, subscription-based data services, bespoke reporting and commercial and research-led consultancy for the global energy industry. We cover many areas of energy market specialisms, from the energy transition, emissions and CCUS, offshore wind and power, to global oil and gas exploration and production.
We are committed to excellence and are trusted advisors to our clients internationally, helping them to make informed commercial and strategic decisions through a combination of proprietary data, insight and knowledge. Our analysis is independent, flexible, quality-assured and based on sector expertise throughout our organisation.
Westwood Global Energy Group is hiring a Business Development manager to support successful client retention and growth across our NW European Business Unit. You will be responsible for managing a set of key clients, as well as generating new revenue through cross-sell and new logos.
The NW Europe Business Unit provides clients with a complete solution (Atlas), for market intelligence across the Upstream industry. Our Atlas service provides industry-leading insight on all subsurface and commercial activity, across the UK and Norway – written by experts with real operational experience.
In addition, as we build on our Energy Transition capabilities, Atlas also provides emissions data and will become the home of a new ‘Clean Energy’ database, to help our clients get an even fuller picture of the whole Energy industry – including CCS, Wind and Hydrogen projects and news.
The Business Development manager will be responsible for building strong relationships across the portfolio, ensuring that contracts are renewed and grown with appropriate commercial terms. Furthermore, you will be expected to drive the development of new business opportunities, support sales across market segments and help open new avenues of growth, both through our subscription and consulting offerings.
The role demands strong relationship management skills; the ability to engage at senior level, strong negotiation skills as well as a commercial, results oriented mindset. You will be able to demonstrate solution-oriented thinking and anticipate client questions and demands. You will have the ability to represent and promote Westwood Global Energy Group as a new brand in a professional manner and demonstrate value added service to clients.
- Manage and renew existing accounts within the portfolio. Achieve upsell in renewal conversations to provide revenue growth, coupled with identifying cross-sell opportunities for both new modules within Atlas, as well as other Westwood solutions – including our consulting offerings
- Drive new revenue growth through the acquisition of new logos
- Manage incoming leads – maintain a high lead to sales close conversion rate
- Extensive customer-facing activity including supporting users with product queries, identifying new contacts and opportunities for growth within customer accounts and expanding the user base within a client organization to support renewal
- Develop both senior and user-level relationships to proactively understand and strengthen the relationship with clients whilst also looking to develop research and consultancy opportunities
- Through closer relationships with our clients, you will contribute to the development of our research services to ensure they are improved continuously to meet the client needs
- Assist with marketing initiatives to promote the brand and products across our client base and complete other activities that will result in greater customer and account value
- Establish user champions / internal ambassador within client accounts and help deliver quality onboarding process for new clients
- Gather strong working knowledge of competitive services and their developments
- Collaborate with colleagues and internal departments to achieve goals – act as the key point of contact for providing information to other departments on your assigned accounts to ensure excellent communication and efficient work among all team members.
- Reporting and internal administration to include: CRM activity log, monthly reports to management, order administration, creating renewal analysis and preparing proposals.
- Service customers and prospects with quotes, engage in product demonstrations and provide sample products
- Attending conferences when required which will assist in strengthening the Westwood Global Energy Group brand
- Participate in and support the launch of new services to market
Key Abilities and Characteristics:
- 5 years+ experience selling subscription services content or consulting offerings
- Experience and knowledge of the Energy sector, including Energy Transition
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly – success depends on excellent product knowledge and how clients use and value the product
- Analyzing business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business
- Developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue
- Conducting effective presentations to clients at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, proactive with entrepreneurial spirit
- Displays intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the clear ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships within and across teams and reporting lines
- Competency working with IT applications and experience with Salesforce preferred
Westwood Global Energy Group is committed to encouraging Equality, Diversity and Inclusion among our workforce in everything we do and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org