We’re looking for Data Researchers to join our offshore Oil & Gas team based in Singapore. Working as part of a close-knit team, your key role will be assisting with the production and communication of market intelligence and analytics with a focus on the offshore Oil & Gas industry.
Your role would be to conduct primary and secondary research on markets and companies, the outputs of which are used to develop market models to analyse supply, demand, pricing and investment trends for an international client base. A significant proportion of this work involves the collation, examination and checking of data through desktop research and telephone communication with industry stakeholders.
- Data acquisition, sense checking third-party information and maintenance of proprietary databases
- Monitoring and analysis of global news flow
- Development of market forecasts and thought leadership.
- Mapping of commercial landscapes and contracting trend.
- Generation of market commentary, written reports and presentation of information to internal and external stakeholders
You should have an inquisitive mind, attention to detail and be a fast learner. We require an enthusiastic and dedicated personality and you will preferably have a numerical-based background. Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills are essential and previous educational or professional experience within the industry is advantageous.
Knowledge of Excel and most importantly, formulae and data manipulation
Logical thinking and problem-solving ability essential
Fluent writing ability in the English language
Access database knowledge preferable but not essential
Knowledge of SQL, R, VBA an advantage but not essential.
In the first instance, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering email/letter explaining your current role and why you are suitable for this role.