We are always looking for people to join our team, in particular for the E&P Research Analyst role based in London or Aberdeen.
This is a varied and exciting role but in the main you will research and summarise operational news flow and information on exploration activity, making observations, and drawing conclusions based on that information/data at hand. The role provides ample career development opportunities and technical challenges while gaining valuable experience alongside seasoned E&P professionals.
You will be working in a mixed team, combining highly experienced industry veterans to graduates, who provide unique technical and commercial insights to the Company’s E&P clients, supporting exploration and business development decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role encompasses many functions including:
- Be proactive in understanding all aspects of the business, the market and research processes.
- Build good working relationships within your team of analysts but also reaching out to peers across the Group.
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on E&P activity.
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights.
- Maintain Company databases through daily updates of wells, discoveries, fields and licences.
- Identify significant current events in the E&P sector and document for reports
- Research and analysis on E&P data for consulting projects
- Build relationships and contacts within the E&P sector
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Company’s E&P products
- Provide support to clients through presentations and product demonstrations
- Help generate new business opportunities through networking and participating in industry events.
- Be proactive in further developing your skills and understanding of Exploration activities across North West Europe.
- Be proactive in seeking out and learning from your senior peers.
- This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research and analysis, commercial technical evaluation and a leaning towards working in an entrepreneurial culture.
The role would suit an earth scientist who wishes to join a small but dynamic and growing consultancy whose mission is to grow the business through products offering deep insights and clarity to the investment community and hard-pressed oil company executives and staff.
You should have 3+ years’ experience in the E&P industry, ideally with an operator or service company, a relevant Earth Science degree and a good understanding of the oil and gas industry through previous employment or assignments. Experience of either the North Sea or global frontier exploration would be an advantage.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com