We are looking for A Front-End Ruby on Rails/Vue.js Developer to join our team in on a remote basis in North America or the UK.
Westwood Global Energy Group (WGEG) is home to some of the most respected solutions in energy market research and intelligence. We provide the actionable insight that businesses, industry bodies and investors need to answer their most strategic, technical and commercial questions. We differentiate ourselves by focussing on our specialisms, quality, and adaptability.
- Work with back-end developers and product management to build and support internal/external applications.
- Work with both full-time and outsourced teams to help support full development lifecycle.
- Research new technologies and patterns to best meet client needs.
- Although front-end development is primary responsibility, expected to understand and periodically contribute to backend development.
- 3-5 years of front-end focused (HTML, CSS, JS) work with a significant experience with Vue.js or React
- 2+ years working on Ruby on Rails projects
- 3-5 years with Relational Databases or Document Databases
- Comfortable working remotely with distributed teams
Bonus Technical Skills/Experience:
- UI/UX Design
- Amazon AWS (S3, CloudFront)
- RSpec, Jest, Puppeteer
- Git/Github, PivotalTracker, Semaphore/CircleCI
- Curious thinker with a desire to learn and grow
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong communication skills to collaborate on projects
- Open to collaboration, code reviews, and ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to prioritise and organise effectively with competing priorities
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org