The Westwood Global Energy Group (WGE) is a leading provider of market intelligence, commercial analysis and strategic advice to the global energy industry. Our leading-edge research tools and consulting services help shape decision making across the Upstream Oil & Gas, Energy Services, Renewables and New Energy sectors and is trusted by the world’s largest energy corporates and financial institutions.
We are currently looking for a Research Analyst to join our dynamic & growing team in Singapore. The successful applicant will focus on primary and secondary research & analysis on a range of offshore energy markets to support Westwood’s clients across the globe.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Group Head of Commercial Advisory Services and will demonstrate, in addition to a clear passion for the energy sector, a highly analytical and problem-solving mindset as well as a dedication to excellence & quality.
The following should be considered the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Primary & secondary research into offshore energy markets with a particular focus on offshore marine services across the globe.
- Develop detailed domain knowledge on the offshore energy industry and its role in the global energy transition towards a sustainable carbon future.
- Monitoring and analysis of global offshore energy related news flow, track key project developments and commercial performance of key stakeholders such as E&Ps and contractors.
- Establish and develop industry networks as well as attending client meetings, industry events and conferences.
- Provide thought leadership on the macro-fundamentals shaping investment into offshore oil & gas infrastructure & production capacity.
- Mapping of supply-chain, commercial landscapes and contracting trends.
- Collaboration with other Westwood research and consulting teams across our global offices to provide unique and best-in-class insights to our clients across the energy industry.
- Generation of market commentary, written reports and delivery of presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Intellectual Curiosity:As an analyst for a global thought-leader, the role requires a genuine interest in the macro-economic, business and market dynamics of the global energy industry.
- Ownership:WGE analysts are expected to take ownership of their market coverage and analysis, leveraging expertise across the group but also demonstrating independence and pride in their work.
- Analytical Skillset:The successful candidate will have a problem-solving & methodical mindset as well as the ability to collate, process and interpret large and diverse volumes of data.
- Diligence:A dedication to excellence is expected and the successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of efficiency and accuracy in written and quantitative work.
- Communication Skills:The successful candidate will be expected to liaise directly with WGE clients at all levels, therefore the ability to receive and summarise information as well as clearly and professionally communicate work both internally and externally is key. Excellent verbal & written English is essential.
- Team Player:Ability to work cohesively with colleagues and form professional relationships at all levels
Skills & Experience
The below is preferred however, all motivated candidates that feel suited to the role are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering, Economics or Business)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (data handling/manipulation)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Knowledge of coding and statistical analysis packages is a plus but not essential
To apply, please send your CV (and covering letter should you wish) to email@example.com