We are looking for someone to join our team in London.
The marketing team at Westwood are looking for a senior marketing executive or marketing manager to join the team.
A highly visible role, you’ll be working in a small team that has a big impact on the success of the business. You will have no direct reports in this role, but your title will reflect your experience and position within Westwood, working alongside the Group Head of Marketing Strategy and the Brand Manager, as well as directly with the various analyst teams and external agency resource.
As Westwood enters the next phase of our development, 2021 will see a range of product enhancements, along with the launch of additional elements that speak directly to the changing energy market.
To support new business development, this role has a clear focus on lead generation and functions to support all Westwood’s individual business units. Core elements of the role will therefore include:
- Conceiving, planning, fulfilling, and reporting on data driven integrated marketing campaigns
- Taking a key role in utilising marketing automation to drive lead generation
- Working across different internal teams to gather and build appropriate content relevant to specific, defined and undefined target audiences
- Supporting the planning, implementing, and marketing of webinars
On a day to day basis, you can expect to be working across a range of activities from campaign planning, to writing email marketing copy, to liaising with business unit heads on content, to identifying sales leads from activity triggers, which you will also help define. Social media plays a key role in our overall marketing strategy and will feature in relevant campaigns.
You will also be required to complete regular operational tasks such as news tracking, updating of web content and weekly reporting of lead generation and marketing activities.
You should have an inquisitive mind, be a fast learner, and attention to detail is important to you because you are organised and understand the importance of process and task management. Every day you will learn something new, so you’ll enjoy and be comfortable working in an environment where you may not have all the answers, but you learn how to find them.
The role requires a great deal of coordination and information gathering in order to craft campaign content, so you should be comfortable with persistence and the communication of priorities to internal stakeholders.
A confident personality, who doesn’t take themselves too seriously, you should be able to converse with colleagues, peers and clients on all levels and always seek to contribute.
If you more often than not, have your camera turned off for virtual meetings, this role isn’t for you.
The must haves…
- At least three years recent experience in a b2b marketing role
- Demonstrable experience of building successful lead generation campaigns
- Sound experience using marketing automation platforms
- Some copywriting experience and excellent grammar
- An ability to multitask
The nice to haves…
- Relevant academic or professional marketing qualification
- Previous experience working in a marketing role at a research, consultancy or SaaS provider operating in the upstream energy sector
- Previous experience of using Active Campaign and Salesforce
- Working or advanced knowledge of media editing/creation software within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Sound understanding of paid search
Why join Westwood?
As part of a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to show off your skills and have a direct impact on our sales & marketing performance. We are a highly successful and growing business that responds quickly to market changes and client needs. Our dynamic approach to editorial and marketing content production, application and insight delivery, really sets us apart and creates an environment where our teams can be progressive, innovative and responsive.
Our work environment can be a mix of quiet productivity to group discussions, lunchtime BBQs, quizzes and table tennis competitions, so a relaxed but focused office with strong work ethic that encourages creativity.
During COVID-19 our teams have been operating remotely as we adhere to government guidelines (in each of our operating regions) and seek to gradually and safely re-open our offices to staff. Your role will therefore initially be home based with occasionally office attendance, with an expectation that post-COVID, this will be an office-based role with some flexibility to also work at home.
The role comes with competitive remuneration dependent on skills and experience.
This job description is intended to be an indication of the scope of the role. In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.