Westwood Global Energy Group
We are a leading provider of information, subscription-based data services, bespoke reporting and commercial and research-led consultancy for the global energy industry. We cover many areas of energy market specialisms, from the energy transition, emissions and CCUS, offshore wind and power, to global oil and gas exploration and production.
We are committed to excellence and are trusted advisors to our clients internationally, helping them to make informed commercial and strategic decisions through a combination of proprietary data, insight and knowledge. Our analysis is independent, flexible, quality-assured and based on sector expertise throughout our organization.
We are looking for a commercially focused analyst to join our NW Europe E&P team in London or Aberdeen. The team provides unique technical and commercial insights to our NW Europe E&P clients to support exploration and business decisions. Our research combines technical and commercial information and knowledge with insight, verified by a highly experienced team of regional industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research, analysis and commercial evaluation. The role involves monitoring and collating data on regional E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to clients through high quality reports and presentations. You will be responsible for valuing oil and gas assets, analysing M&A deals as well as company portfolios and strategies. In addition, you will have a good understanding of market trends and the impact of the energy transition.
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on assets, companies and markets to help maintain the Atlas NW Europe E&P database
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights
- Prepare and update commercial valuation models for fields, production hubs and companies
- Maintain the Atlas database through quality and timely data updates and produce weekly/monthly reports to our clients
- Produce insightful and topical written reports and presentations on industry activity and trends
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Atlas research product, including the addition of a new Energy Transition module
- Support our external clients, as well as our consulting and business development teams
- Build a strong network of relationships and contacts across the industry
- Travel within NW Europe to conduct intelligence meetings and provide support to clients
Experience and Skills
- Educated to Degree, Masters or PhD level in a Geoscience, Engineering, Economics or other numerate related discipline
- A good understanding of the oil and gas industry and energy markets through previous employment or assignments (North Sea experience desirable)
- Experience of Financial Analysis and / or Petroleum Economics with the ability to prepare cashflow models for oil and gas assets, including project cost estimation and production forecasting
- Ability to analyse company financial reports and M&A activity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong written communication with the ability to produce concise and insightful written reports on a regular basis
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to external clients
- Develop and maintain a strong professional network across the E&P sector
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet project deadlines
- Experience in tracking and forecasting carbon emissions is desirable
- Experience of GIS software, relational databases and visualisation tools is desirable
Westwood Global Energy Group is committed to encouraging Equality, Diversity and Inclusion among our workforce in everything we do and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Atlasrecruitment@westwoodenergy.com