We are looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join our Northwest Europe team based in London or Aberdeen, to help take our regional research and consulting practices to a new level.
Working within an experienced Team, your role will involve monitoring and collating E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to clients. Applicants invited with a minimum of 5 years’ upstream oil and gas experience combined with a good understanding of the NW Europe region’s assets and companies. The ability to analyse E&P activity, in particular corporate strategies, development opportunities, M&A deals and government regulations is highly sought after. The role will provide ample career development opportunities whilst gaining valuable experience working alongside seasoned E&P professionals.
You will be working in a mixed team, combining highly experienced industry veterans to graduates, who provide unique technical and commercial insights to the Company’s E&P clients, supporting exploration and business development decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role involves monitoring and collating E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to our clients. In addition, you will be required to help support the NW Europe consulting business by providing expertise on consulting projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on assets, companies and markets to help maintain the Atlas NW Europe database
- Prepare and update commercial valuation models for assets, companies and hubs
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights
- Provide thought leadership on the NW Europe E&P sector through quality analytical written reports, client and industry presentations
- Develop a strong working relationship with Westwood’s Consulting team by supporting business development initiatives and providing regional expertise on projects
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Atlas research product
- Build a strong network of relationships and contacts across the industry
- Travel within NW Europe to conduct intelligence meetings and provide support to clients
The successful candidate will have:
- Earth Science Degree essential.
- Inquisitive mind, attention to detail and be a fast learner essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the upstream oilfield market essential.
- Operator or service company experience essential.
- Confidence in public speaking and ability to communicate complex issues to clients, both verbally and in writing essential.
- Knowledge of the NW Europe upstream oil and gas sector essential – A good understanding of the region’s assets and companies highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to create and proof compelling content for external audiences essential.
- The ability to analyse E&P activity, in particular corporate strategies, development opportunities, M&A deals and government regulation highly desired.
- Experience of Financial Analysis and/or Petroleum Economics, especially in preparing and analysing asset and company cashflows highly desired.
- Previous research experience desired.
- A strong appreciation of the challenges facing the market and client base.
- Enthusiastic with ambition to deliver high quality research.
- Strong project management skills – ability to see the big picture whilst immersed in the granular details
- A good understanding and practical experience in data handling and analysis
- High level of competence in standard Office software
- Experience of GIS software and relational databases would be an advantage
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet project deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong professional network across the E&P sector.
- Good contacts within oilfield service companies, operators and analytical community desired.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org