We are looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join our NW Europe team in London or Aberdeen, to help take our regional research and consulting practices to a new level. The team provides unique commercial and technical insights to our NW Europe E&P clients to support business development and exploration decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of regional industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role will provide ample career development opportunities while gaining valuable experience alongside seasoned E&P professionals. This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research, analysis and commercial evaluation applied within an entrepreneurial culture.
The role involves monitoring and collating E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to our clients. In addition, you will be required to help support the NW Europe consulting business by providing expertise on consulting projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on assets, companies and markets to help maintain the Atlas NW Europe database
- Prepare and update commercial valuation models for assets, companies and hubs
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights
- Provide thought leadership on the NW Europe E&P sector through quality analytical written reports, client and industry presentations
- Develop a strong working relationship with Westwood’s Consulting team by supporting business development initiatives and providing regional expertise on projects
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Atlas research product
- Build a strong network of relationships and contacts across the industry
- Travel within NW Europe to conduct intelligence meetings and provide support to clients
You should have an inquisitive mind, attention to detail and be a fast learner. We require an enthusiastic and dedicated personality with excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. You should have c. 6-8 years’ experience in the E&P industry or with a comparable firm to Westwood Global Energy , a relevant degree and a good understanding of the NW Europe oil and gas industry through previous employment or assignments.
- Knowledge of the NW Europe upstream oil and gas sector
- A good understanding of the region’s assets and companies and the ability to analyse E&P activity, in particular corporate strategies, development opportunities, M&A deals and government regulation
- Experience of Financial Analysis and/or Petroleum Economics, especially in preparing and analysing asset and company cashflows
- Excellent client empathy
- Confidence in public speaking and ability to communicate complex issues to clients, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to create and proof compelling content for external audiences
- Strong project management skills – ability to see the big picture whilst immersed in the granular details
- A good understanding and practical experience in data handling and analysis
- High level of competence in standard Office software
- Experience of GIS software and relational databases would be an advantage
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet project deadlines
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 June 2019