We are looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join our NW Europe team in London or Aberdeen, to help take our regional research to a new level. The team provides unique technical and commercial insights to our NW Europe E&P clients to support exploration and business development decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of regional industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role will provide ample career development opportunities and technical challenges while gaining valuable experience alongside seasoned E&P professionals. This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research, analysis and commercial evaluation applied within an entrepreneurial culture.
The role would suit an earth scientist who wishes to join a small but dynamic and growing consultancy whose mission is to grow the business through products offering deep insights and clarity to the investment community and hard-pressed oil company executives and staff.
The work involves monitoring and collating E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to our clients. Key responsibilities will include:
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on assets, companies and markets
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights
- Maintain the Atlas database through daily updates of wells, discoveries, fields and licences
- Prepare and update commercial valuation models for assets, companies and hubs
- Provide thought leadership on topical events in the NW Europe E&P sector through quality analytical written reports, client and industry presentations
- Provide expertise and support on consulting projects
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Atlas product
- Build a strong network of relationships and contacts across the industry
- Travel within NW Europe to conduct intelligence meetings and provide support to clients
You should have an inquisitive mind, attention to detail and be a fast learner. We require an enthusiastic and dedicated personality with excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. You should have 5+ years’ experience in the E&P industry, ideally with an operator or service company, a relevant Earth Science degree and a good understanding of the oil and gas industry through previous employment or assignments.
- High level of competence in standard Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to create and proof compelling content for external audiences
- Experience of Petroleum Economics, especially in preparing and analysing asset and company cashflows
- A good understanding and practical experience in data handling and analysis
- Confidence in public speaking and ability to communicate complex technical issues to clients, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of GIS software and relational databases would be an advantage
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet project deadlines
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November