We are looking for someone to join our team in Aberdeen, London & Singapore.
Westwood Global Energy is a leading provider of market intelligence, commercial insight & strategic advice to the global energy industry. We are currently looking for candidates to join our Offshore Energy Services team at the analyst level across our Aberdeen, London & Singapore offices.
Your role would be to conduct primary & secondary data research on oil & gas offshore developments, supply–chain contracting as well as other market activities related to the offshore oil & gas industry. A significant proportion of the role involves data collation, examination and verification through desktop research and direct communication with industry stakeholders. Your research outputs will be used to develop market models to analyse supply, demand, pricing and investment trends for our international client base of E&Ps, supply-chain contractors and financial institutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Data acquisition, sense checking third-party information for updating and maintenance of proprietary databases
- Monitoring and analysis of global oil & gas news flow
- Provide thought leadership, analytical and commercial insight on the global offshore oil & gas industry
- Mapping of supply-chain commercial landscapes and contracting trends
- Collaboration with other Westwood research teams across the globe to generate bespoke analysis
- Generation of market commentary, written reports, and delivery of presentations to internal and external stakeholders
You should have an intellectually curious and problem-solving mindset, attention to detail and be a fast learner. We require an enthusiastic and dedicated personality that preferably has a numerical-based background. Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills are essential and previous educational or professional experience within the industry is advantageous.
- Knowledge of MS Office including advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and work within small teams across global offices.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to interpret and explain complex information efficiently & accurately.
- Strong interest in the Energy sector (in particular oil & gas).
- Previous data research and analytics experience is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of programming languages (in particular R) an advantage but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org