Westwood Global Energy Group:
We are a leading provider of information, subscription services and research-led consultancy for the global energy industry. We focus on intelligence and insight for worldwide exploration and oilfield services markets. We help clients make informed commercial and strategic decisions through a combination of proprietary data, insight and knowledge. Our analysis is independent, quality-assured and based on sector expertise throughout our organization.
Westwood Global Energy Group is hiring a Sales Manager to strengthen our team and regional presence in our Offshore Business Unit. Primarily you will manage clients based in EMEA that subscribe to our Offshore subscription offering. The Offshore Business Unit offers global subsea production system, floating production & platform, vessel, and field development market intelligence, news and databases through software as a service subscription platform. As our product portfolio grows you will have responsibility for managing clients across our Offshore Client Segments.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for building strong relationships with clients, ensuring that contracts are renewed and grown with appropriate commercial terms. Furthermore, you will be expected to support the development of new business opportunities, drive sales and help open new avenues of growth.
The role demands strong relationship management skills; the ability to engage at senior level, strong negotiation and selling skills as well as a commercial, results oriented mindset. You will be able to demonstrate solution-oriented thinking, and anticipate client questions and demands. You will have the ability to represent and promote Westwood Global Energy Group as a new brand in a professional manner and demonstrate value added service to clients.
- Manage and renew existing accounts within your portfolio. Achieve upsell in renewal conversations to provide revenue growth
- Support the assessment of the total market potential for your region
- Manage incoming leads – maintain a high lead to sales close conversion rate
- Service customers and prospects with quotes, engage in product demonstrations and provide sample products
- Attending conferences when required which will assist in strengthening the Westwood Global Energy Group brand
- Extensive customer-facing activity including identifying new opportunities within customer accounts, expanding the user base within a client organization to support renewal
- Participate in and support the launch of new services to market
- Develop both senior and user-level relationships to proactively understand and strengthen the relationship with clients whilst also looking to develop research and consultancy opportunities
- Through closer relationships with our clients, you will contribute to the development of our research services to ensure they are improved continuously to meet the client needs
- Deliver programs to encourage usage growth, assist with marketing initiatives to promote the brand and products across our client base and complete other activities that will result in greater customer and account value
- Establish user champions / internal ambassador within client accounts and help deliver quality onboarding process for new clients
- Gather strong working knowledge of competitive services and their developments
- Support assessment of pricing mechanism and client tiering in segment.
- Collaborate with colleagues and internal departments to achieve goals – act as the key point of contact for providing information to other departments on your assigned accounts to ensure excellent communication and efficient work among all team members.
- Reporting and internal administration to include: CRM activity log, monthly reports to management, order administration, creating renewal analysis and preparing proposals.
Key Abilities and Characteristics:
- 5 years+ experience selling services content, consulting, business solutions
- Experience and knowledge of the oil and gas sector
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly – success depends on excellent product knowledge and how clients use and value the product
- Analyzing business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business
- Developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue
- Conducting effective presentations to clients at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, proactive with entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the clear ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships within and across teams and reporting lines
- Competency working with IT applications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In the first instance, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering email/letter explaining your current role and why you are suitable for this role.