Westwood Global Energy Group (Westwood) is a leading provider of market intelligence, commercial analysis and strategic advice to the global energy industry. Powered by proprietary, industry-leading data & analytics, our insights support both day-to-day commercial operations as well as critical decision-making at the highest levels of energy related corporations as well as the financial sector. We are currently looking for a Research Analyst to join our team in London. The successful applicant will focus on primary and secondary research and analysis on a range of offshore energy markets to support Westwood’s clients across Africa and Europe.
- Primary & secondary research into offshore energy markets with a particular focus on the oil & gas supply-chain.
- Develop detailed domain knowledge on the oil & gas industry and its role in the global energy transition towards a sustainable carbon future.
- Monitoring and analysis of global oil & gas news flow, track key project developments and commercial performance of key stakeholders such as E&Ps and contractors.
- Establish and develop industry networks as well as attending client meetings, industry events and conferences.
- Provide thought leadership on the macro-fundamentals shaping investment into offshore oil & gas infrastructure & production capacity
- Mapping of supply-chain, commercial landscapes and contracting trends.
- Collaboration with other Westwood research and consulting teams across our global offices to provide unique and best-in-class insights to our clients across the energy industry.
- Generation of market commentary, written reports and delivery of presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Intellectual Curiosity: As an analyst for a global thought-leader, the role requires a genuine interest in the macro-economic, business and market dynamics of the global energy industry.
- Ownership: WGE analysts are expected to take ownership of their market coverage and analysis, leveraging expertise across the group but also demonstrating independence and pride in their work.
- Analytical Skillset: The successful candidate will have a problem-solving & methodical mindset as well as the ability to collate, process and interpret large and diverse volumes of data.
- Diligence: A dedication to excellence is expected and the successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of efficiency and accuracy in written and quantitative work.
- Communication Skills: The successful candidate will be expected to liaise directly with WGE clients at all levels, therefore the ability to receive and summarise information as well as clearly and professionally communicate work both internally and externally is key. Excellent verbal & written English is essential.
- Team Player: Ability to work cohesively with colleagues and form professional relationships at all levels
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering, Economics or Business)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (data handling/manipulation)
- Excellent verbal and written English
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org