We are always looking for people to join our team, in particularly for the E&P Research Analyst role in London or Aberdeen.
The team provides unique technical and commercial insights to our E&P clients to support exploration and business development decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role will provide ample career development opportunities and technical challenges while gaining valuable experience alongside seasoned E&P professionals. This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research and analysis, commercial technical evaluation and a leaning towards working in an entrepreneurial culture.
The role would suit an earth scientist who wishes to join a small but dynamic and growing consultancy whose mission is to grow the business through products offering deep insights and clarity to the investment community and hard-pressed oil company executives and staff.
The work involves monitoring and collating E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to our clients. Key responsibilities will include:
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on E&P activity
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights
- Maintain the Westwood databases through daily updates of wells, discoveries, fields and licences
- Identify significant current events in the E&P sector and document for reports
- Research and analysis on E&P data for consulting projects
- Build relationships and contacts within the E&P sector
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Westwood E&P products
- Provide support to clients through presentations and product demonstrations
You should have an inquisitive mind, attention to detail and be a fast learner. We require an enthusiastic and dedicated personality with excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. You should have 3+ years’ experience in the E&P industry, ideally with an operator or service company, a relevant Earth Science degree and a good understanding of the oil and gas industry through previous employment or assignments.
- Understanding of generic exploration workflows from regional to prospect scale
- The ability to carry out independent research from a variety of sources including academic papers and company presentations and reports
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills, and an ability to create compelling content for external audiences
- High level of competence in standard Office software
- Experience of GIS software and relational databases
- Experience of either the North Sea or global frontier exploration would be an advantage
- A good understanding and practical experience in data handling and analysis
- An ability to simplify and communicate complex technical issues to clients.
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet project deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong professional network across the E&P sector
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.