Westwood Global Energy Group
The Westwood Global Energy Group (WGEG) is home to some of the most respected solutions in energy market research and intelligence. We provide the actionable insight that businesses, industry bodies and investors need to answer their most strategic, technical and commercial questions. We differentiate ourselves by focussing on our specialisms, quality, and adaptability.
While our history is in the oil and gas industry, we are committed to helping the energy industry navigate the Energy Transition successfully. As a result, we have created a new unit focused on the transition and are developing solutions and capabilities to support our clients as the industry and their business evolve.
We launched our first Offshore Wind research offering – Windlogix – in April 2021, leveraging our 15+ years of experience in advising clients in the Offshore Wind industry, focused on the supply chain.
Offshore Wind energy is both growing and changing fast, with an explosion in capacity build from today’s low base across existing and new geographies. This brings with it commercial and supply chain risks that need to be understood and managed – increasing the need for more insight across the value chain.
Working within the new Energy Transition BU and reporting to the Offshore Wind Research Manager, the Senior Analyst will develop original research on the commercial / market drivers of the Offshore Wind sector – delivering analysis through data modelling, written reports, client engagement and public speaking. They will also both lead and support thought leadership of key themes in the industry and support our commercial advisory business. The analyst needs to be able to establish and build relationships with relevant industry stakeholders.
- Lead and support WGEG’s thought leadership on Offshore Wind – focused on the market / commercial aspects
- Monitor, collect and analyse relevant Offshore Wind data and information, developing regular unique insights, presentations and reports
- Establish and build relationships with relevant industry stakeholders
- Speak at industry events and conferences
- Support business development, client retention and product development where relevant
- Provide analytical support for the consulting advisory team
- Work collaboratively with others in the group on cross sector initiatives and adjacent technologies
- Potential for line management opportunity
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Offshore Wind industry; preferably commercial drivers. Experience of working in the Offshore Wind Industry an advantage
- A track record of producing high quality, proprietary, data-driven research and insight on clean energy industries, especially Offshore Wind
- Excellent organisational skills
- High standard of written and oral communication
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of LCOE / financial / valuation modelling
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com