Job title: Analyst (exploration), NW Europe E&P
Reports to: Head of Research, NW Europe
Location: London or Aberdeen
The Westwood Global Energy Group (WGE) is a leading provider of market intelligence, commercial analysis and strategic advice to the global energy industry. Our leading-edge research tools and consulting services help shape decision making across the Upstream Oil & Gas, Energy Services, Renewables and New Energy sectors and is trusted by the world’s largest energy corporates and financial institutions.
We are looking for a research analyst to join our NW Europe team in London or Aberdeen. The team provides unique technical and commercial insights to our NW Europe clients to support exploration and business decisions. Our research is verified by a highly experienced team of regional industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role involves monitoring and collating data on regional E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to clients through high quality reports and presentations. You will be responsible for the research output on exploration, appraisal and farm-out activities in NW Europe. In addition, you will contribute to Westwood’s wider global research offerings and have a good understanding of market trends and the impact of the energy transition.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Primary and secondary research into NW Europe energy activities, with a particular focus on exploration and appraisal (E&A)
- Maintain the NW Europe Atlas database through quality and timely data updates.
- Write detailed reports of E&A wells and monthly reporting of E&A activity and performance
- Generate market commentary, written reports and deliver presentations to clients and internal stakeholders
- Establish and develop industry networks as well as attend client meetings, industry events and conferences.
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Atlas research product.
- Collaborate with other Westwood research and consulting teams across our global offices to provide unique and best-in-class insights to our clients across the energy industry
Experience and Skills
- Educated to Degree, Masters or PhD level in a relevant Earth Science subject such as Geology or Geoscience
- A good understanding of the oil and gas industry and energy markets through previous employment or assignments. North Sea experience is desirable
- Understanding of generic exploration workflows from regional to prospect scale
- The ability to carry out independent research from a variety of sources including academic papers and company presentations and reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong written communication with the ability to produce concise and insightful written reports on a regular basis
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to external clients
- Develop and maintain a strong professional network across the E&P sector
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet deadlines
- Inquisitive mind, attention to detail and a fast learner
- Experience of GIS software and relational databases is desirable
- Good understanding and hands on experience with visualisation tools is desirable
Westwood Global Energy Group is committed to encouraging Equality, Diversity and Inclusion among our workforce in everything we do and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com