We are always looking for people to join our team, in particular for the E&P Research Analyst role based in London or Aberdeen.
This is a varied role but in the main you will research and summarise operational news flow and information on exploration activity, making observations, and drawing conclusions based on that information/data at hand. Applicants invited, with a minimum of 3 years’ industry experience in exploration, an inquisitive mind with an aptitude for research and analytics. This is an exciting role, providing ample career development opportunities and technical challenges while gaining valuable experience alongside seasoned E&P professionals.
The role would suit an earth scientist who wishes to join a small but dynamic and growing consultancy whose mission is to grow the business through products offering deep insights and clarity to the investment community and hard-pressed oil company executives and staff.
You will be working in a mixed team, combining highly experienced industry veterans to graduates, who provide unique technical and commercial insights to the Company’s E&P clients, supporting exploration and business development decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role encompasses many functions including:
- Be proactive in understanding all aspects of the business, the market and research processes.
- Build good working relationships within your team of analysts but also reaching out to peers across the Group.
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on E&P activity.
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights.
- Maintain Company databases through daily updates of wells, discoveries, fields and licences.
- Identify significant current events in the E&P sector and document for reports
- Research and analysis on E&P data for consulting projects
- Build relationships and contacts within the E&P sector
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Company’s E&P products
- Provide support to clients through presentations and product demonstrations
- Help generate new business opportunities through networking and participating in industry events.
- Be proactive in further developing your skills and understanding of Exploration activities across North West Europe.
- Be proactive in seeking out and learning from your senior peers.
- This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research and analysis, commercial technical evaluation and a leaning towards working in an entrepreneurial culture.
The successful candidate will have:
- Earth Science Degree essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in exploration essential.
- The ability to carry out independent research from a variety of sources including academic papers and company presentations and reports essential.
- Inquisitive mind, attention to detail and a fast learner essential.
- Understanding of generic exploration workflows from regional to prospect scale essential.
- Operator or service company experience highly desired.
- Previous research experience highly desired.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills, and an ability to create compelling content for external audiences.
- Ability to write independent research would be highly advantageous.
- High level of competence in standard Office software.
- Experience of GIS software and relational databases desired.
- Experience of either the North Sea or global frontier exploration would be an advantage.
- A good understanding and practical experience in data handling and analysis.
- An ability to simplify and communicate complex technical issues to clients.
- Enthusiastic with ambition to deliver high quality research.
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills but with the ability to work under own initiative to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong professional network across the E&P sector.
- Good contacts within oilfield service companies, operators and analytical community desired.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org