Increased demand for CRA OCTG and clad & lined pipe following revival of the oil and gas markets
In partnership with Metal Bulletin Research, Westwood’s new Corrosion Resistant Alloys (CRA) Service provides unique insight into the CRA sector within both OCTG and linepipe markets. While the global oilfield equipment sector continues a gradual recovery, increased drilling activity in sour gas fields and environments with higher levels of CO2 and H2S is supporting heightened growth in both the CRA OCTG and CRA clad & lined pipe sectors.
On the OCTG side, austenitic grades look placed to take market share, with cladded and lined pipes becoming the material of choice in linepipe projects on a global basis, taking share from solid CRA. The Middle East is also expected to remain the largest consuming region worldwide in this market, driven by expanding investment in sulphur exports from key regional producers and the high volume Barzan development.
The Corrosion Resistant Alloys (CRA) Report, provides a five year strategic outlook for comprehensive market demand, supply and pricing analysis of the global corrosion resistant alloys markets.
- For clad & lined pipe markets, a number of major contracts out in the market are set to lead to a period of robust demand in the next couple of years.
- Of all the grades, 13% Cr will remain the largest volume consumed.
- 2019 is set to be a high year for pricing in for both clad & lined pipe, boosted by the strong demand and more limited capacity in Germany.
- Pricing growth is expected to be greatest among the highest grades such as nickel alloys, driven by increased activity in the offshore and deep-water basins.
- Supply for clad & lined pipe markets is dominated by Japanese and German mills, but out over the forecast period there may be potential for mills in other Asian markets to make inroads.
Users of the CRA Report can effectively plan strategies, monitor market trends, support business cases and mitigate risk via a comprehensive five-year granular demand outlook which highlights the supply and pricing analysis of the global corrosion resistant alloys market, further breaking down austenitic and martensitic grade requirements. Users also benefit from a list of upcoming oil and gas projects as well as prospects along with estimates of material requirements.
Content of this unique and industry first report, includes:
- Oil & Gas Industry Update
- The Manufacturing Process
- Upcoming Projects & Industry Drivers
- OCTG Demand Outlook
- Market Share & Supplier Analysis: OCTG
- Clad & Lined Pipe Demand Outlook
- Market Share & Supplier Analysis: Clad & Lined Pipe / Clad Plate
- Cost & Pricing Outlook
- Project Listings & Material Requirements
Find out more about Metal Bulletin Research here.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions for purchase in PDF format. By purchasing any of our reports the buyer agrees to adhere to these Terms & Conditions.
Additional services: tailored to meet your company’s needs, include dedicated real-time analysis, on-site support and presentations. Please contact us to discuss further email@example.com or call +44 203 4799 505 for more details.
The complexity and flexibility of Westwood’s models enables us to cut outputs in a number of different formats. Westwood is able to provide different segmentation or additional granularity if required at an additional cost.
Supporting databooks to accompany the charts and tables presented in our market forecasts are available in Excel format upon request, for most reports.
Please contact Westwood to discuss further firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 4799 505 for more details.