Find out how Westwood can help you
Get near real-time transparency on U.S. onshore drilling and completion activity with SatScout.
2,100,000+ images of wells permitted after 2016 each manually reviewed and processed with neural net models
2.5 times more frac activity than regulatory filings YTD (2020)
Monitoring 22,000+ well pads in the major US unconventional plays every 2-3 days
Exploration & Appraisal
Regional data on E&A wells, prospects & discoveries
Review past, present and future E&A drilling activity, including well-by-well commercial and technical data, to analyse industry performance at a geographical and corporate level
Access our comprehensive database of 7,000 E&A wells, 3,000 prospects and 800 undeveloped discoveries
View individual data sheets for E&A wells, prospects and discoveries that provide information on location, status, partners, key dates, associated resources and reservoir details.
E&A well spud and completion reports
Understand exploration performance, risks and opportunities with our unique well reports, which provide deep technical subsurface detail prepared by our team of experienced industry experts
Our well spud reports provide a detailed technical analysis of the prospect and reservoir, a summary of the licence and operations, a view on risks and resources and impact of success. Our completion reports provide a post drill summary and Westwood’s view of the well including any success or failure reasons.
We also provide monthly Exploration reports to keep our clients up to date on all activity across the region.
Interactive GIS mapping
Use our in-built GIS mapping tool to quickly visualise all E&P data points
Users are able to navigate through the tool via the map and link to detailed fact sheets or written reports. Our ‘map filter’ also allows you to carry on your workflow seamlessly as you interrogate the data.
With labels and layers that can be turned on or off, users are able to customise the map within Atlas or export for use in their own in-house applications.
Business Development & Commercial
Company, field and production hub profiles
Identify and screen business development opportunities, through access to our field, hub and company data.
Help to make informed business decisions using our field and hub economics. You can also optimise infrastructure by understanding existing and future potential, including nearby discoveries and prospects, using our proximity filter.
View individual company portfolios on an asset-by-asset basis with forecasts for reserves & resources, production, costs, emissions and valuations as well as E&A activity.
Valuations and sensitivity analysis
Quickly evaluate the impact of different oil and gas price scenarios on production, reserves and cashflows for fields, hubs and companies. Access to Westwood’s base, high and low prices, as well as the flexibility to use your own price decks.
Ability to compare different valuations side by side and run sensitivity analysis on cashflow input data.
Commercial analysis for M&A deals, companies and developments
Identify market trends before your competition and take advantage of investment opportunities.
Our team of experienced industry experts provide detailed reports on field developments, company portfolios & strategy and M&A deals.
We also provide weekly and monthly activity reports to keep our clients up to date on recent news and insight across the region.
Access historical and future CO2 emissions and emissions intensity data for production hubs and fields. You can also view company emissions on both an operational control and equity share basis. Emissions data and associated emissions charge have been incorporated into our field, hub and company cashflows.
Ability to benchmark emissions at an asset and company level, as well as understand how future field developments such as electrification will impact our emissions forecasts.
Projects and clusters
A fully integrated option with Atlas covering energy clusters, offshore wind, hydrogen, CCS and related oil and gas infrastructure in the UK and Norway.
- Projects give users a cross technology view of the North Sea energy market evolution
- Track the status and progress of all announced projects in the UK and Norway, from concept to operational
- Clusters provide transparency and understanding on the interrelated nature of New Energies projects
- Explore the ecosystem around cluster developments, with all applicable projects assigned to respective clusters.
- Integrated within Westwood’s Atlas E&P solution, and combines data from our other global market intelligence solutions. Users benefit from a range of industry experts’ insights.
- Interlinkages between projects clearly tagged and easily navigable, understanding synergies and allowing users to follow the molecule / electron from project to project.
- Maps display New Energies projects alongside offshore oil and gas licences and infrastructure, helping understand overlaps and identify opportunities.
News and reports
- Newsflow allows subscribers to read the latest project updates, policy news as well as wider industry news for energy clusters, offshore wind, hydrogen and CCS.
- All newsflow is tagged, searchable and integrated into project and energy cluster profiles
- Periodic analysis of a key themes or events focused on countries and technologies.
- Published insights and infographics on key developments, written by our team of analysts and published on a periodic basis
Understand exploration activity and performance through our complete E&A well database and our unique and technically detailed well reports
View new Energies projects alongside offshore oil and gas licences and infrastructure to help understand overlaps and identify opportunities.
Help make informed business decisions using our field, hub and company data that include forecasts for reserves, production, costs, emissions and valuations
Access a highly experienced and dedicated team with deep industry knowledge
Hub upside potential
Get an independent view on resource estimates and technical data for discoveries and prospects to understand upside potential to key production hubs
Integrate our data and intelligence with your internal systems and workflows
Never miss an opportunity by using our monthly reports to keep check of all operational activity on the shelf