As the world began recovering from the coronavirus, the UK saw an opportunity to “build back better”. The government launched a Ten Point Plan to spur investment in energy and low-carbon technologies, including hydrogen. It’s original 5 GW target for low-carbon hydrogen production by 2030 doubled to 10 GW following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. This ambitious target will require clear direction and strong mechanisms to support the development of a hydrogen economy.
Westwood Global Energy Group’s 17-page White Paper explores the key factors priming hydrogen for success in the UK market, including:
- What H2 policies the UK government has announced;
- What advantages the UK has in blue and green H2 production;
- What geological H2 and carbon storage the UK as access to;
- Who the key project developers are;
- How the UK’s cluster approach is supporting the initial H2 scale-up;
- How the UK can progress beyond the initial clusters;
- What the barriers and risks are.
For free access to the full Hydrogen scale-up: what’s priming the UK for success? White Paper, please provide your details in the form below to receive a PDF copy via email: