Westwood Global Energy Group is a leading provider of market intelligence, commercial analysis and strategic advice to the global energy industry. Powered by proprietary, industry-leading data & analytics, our insights support both day-to-day commercial operations as well as critical decision-making at the highest levels of energy related corporations as well as the financial sector. We are currently looking for an analyst to join our Offshore Rig team, to support the current group of analysts as we look to grow both our product and consulting revenues in this area. The successful applicant will focus on research & analysis for the RigLogix platform as well as business development for the wider company in the Middle East region.
About the role
Based in the Middle East, this Offshore Rig Market Analyst role is a great opportunity for an experienced oil and gas professional to join an intellectually stimulating environment where they will be part of an experienced team of rig analysts. The Analyst’s responsibilities will directly impact the products we deliver to our clients; helping maintain our world-class content output and help our clients and the wider industry navigate the opportunities and challenges currently facing the Energy sector.
- Use both the news flow and your personal network of contacts to improve the quality and breadth of data covered by our offshore rig market database, RigLogix.
- Data gathering and research on Middle East rig activity, including new contracts and tenders.
- Daily news writing and updating of rig data into RigLogix backend system.
- Identify current trends and developments in the offshore rig market and translate findings to the Company’s models / forecasts and research reports in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Middle East offshore rig market trends and communicate this to clients and the wider market via calls, presentations, or Westwood Insight articles.
- Collaboration with other Westwood research and consulting teams across our global offices to provide unique and best-in-class insights to our clients across the energy industry.
- Build and maintain a network of relevant industry contacts.
- Help to grow brand/company awareness within the Middle East
- Identify prospective new business opportunities to help grow sales within the Middle East.
- Intellectual Curiosity: As an analyst for a global thought-leader, the role requires a genuine interest in the macro-economic, business and market dynamics of the global energy industry. You should be especially eager to understand your specific field and how it fits into the wider energy industry.
- Ownership: Westwood’s analysts are expected to take ownership of their market coverage and analysis, leveraging expertise across the group but also demonstrating independence and pride in their work.
- Analytical Skillset: The successful candidate will have a problem-solving & methodical mindset as well as the ability to collate, process and interpret data.
- Diligence: A dedication to excellence is expected and the successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of efficiency and accuracy in written and quantitative work. An understanding of best practice with regards to data sources, including which to trust, is vital.
- Communication Skills: The successful candidate will be expected to liaise directly with Westwood’s clients at all levels, therefore the ability to receive and summarise information as well as clearly and professionally communicate work both internally and externally is key. Excellent verbal & written English is essential.
- Team Player: Ability to work cohesively with colleagues and form professional relationships at all levels.
- Eagerness to Develop: The successful candidate will always be striving to improve both their understanding of relevant markets and develop their skillset to further both themselves and the business. Examples of this could include learning new skills or attending conferences.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
At least 5 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry and a good understanding of the offshore rig market, with emphasis on Persian Gulf and Red Sea/Gulf of Suez areas
Proficiency in Microsoft Office in particular Microsoft Excel (data handling/manipulation)
Excellent verbal and written English
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Experience with forecasting/modelling
Experience with data entry
Experience handling large data sets
Westwood Global Energy Group is committed to encouraging Equality, Diversity and Inclusion among our workforce in everything we do and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org