Reports to: Head of Sales & Marketing
Westwood Global Energy Group
We are a leading provider of information, subscription-based data services, bespoke reporting and commercial and research-led consultancy for the global energy industry. We cover many areas of energy market specialisms, from the energy transition, emissions, CCUS, hydrogen and offshore wind, to global oil and gas exploration and production.
We are committed to excellence and are trusted advisors to our clients internationally, helping them to make informed commercial and strategic decisions through a combination of proprietary data, insight and knowledge. Our analysis is independent, flexible, quality-assured and based on sector expertise throughout our organization.
The Role & Responsibilities
To support our growth ambitions within the Energy Transition space, Westwood Global Energy Group requires a Sales Specialist to help drive our new business efforts across our Offshore Wind offering.
Primarily you will be responsible for identifying relevant companies and contacts to engage with to build upon our existing opportunity pipeline and grow our revenues within this space.
The Sales Specialist will have their own set of opportunities to drive, as well as provide industry knowledge and support to the wider sales team.
The role demands strong knowledge of the Offshore Wind sector, as well as previous experience in a sales, business development or consulting role. The individual needs to be an excellent team player as communication, collaboration and stakeholder management will be a key to success in the role.
As well as leading our sales efforts, you will also be central to and a key influencer in our marketing campaigns, product development plans and research content output.
Key Abilities and Characteristics
- Sales or consulting experience in the Offshore Wind sector
- Established network and contacts within the Offshore wind industry, particular amongst the developer and investor community
- Understanding of the key commercial drivers in the Offshore Wind market
- Appreciation of regional markets, key themes and drivers
- Understanding of the value chain of an Offshore Wind development
- Ability to ‘speak the language’
- Ability to spot consulting opportunities v subscription sales
- Identify key questions being asked by potential clients and collaborate with research and product development teams to progress
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly – success depends on excellent product knowledge and how clients use and value the product
- Analyzing business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business
- Conducting effective presentations to clients at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, proactive with entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the clear ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships within and across teams and reporting lines
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM system would be beneficial
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written English
Westwood Global Energy Group is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion among our workforce in everything we do and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
To apply, please send your CV (and covering letter should you wish) to email@example.com