SENIOR ANALYST – OFFSHORE ENERGY SERVICES (Oil & Gas focus), ABERDEEN/LONDON
Westwood Global Energy Group is a leading provider of market intelligence, commercial analysis and strategic advice to the global energy industry. Powered by proprietary, industry-leading data & analytics, our insights support both day-to-day commercial operations as well as critical decision-making at the highest levels of energy related corporations as well as the financial sector. We are currently looking for a Senior Analyst to join our team in our Aberdeen or London office. The successful applicant will focus on primary and secondary research & analysis on a range of offshore energy markets to support Westwood’s global clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Primary & secondary research into offshore energy markets with a particular focus on the global offshore oil & gas supply-chain.
- Develop detailed domain knowledge on the offshore oil & gas industry and its role in the global energy transition towards a sustainable carbon future.
- Monitoring and analysis of global oil & gas news flow, track project developments and commercial performance of key stakeholders such as E&Ps and contractors.
- Establish and develop industry networks as well as attending client meetings, industry events and conferences.
- Provide thought leadership on the macro-fundamentals shaping investment into offshore oil & gas infrastructure & production capacity.
- Mapping of supply-chain, commercial landscapes and contracting trends.
- Collaborate with other Westwood research and consulting teams across our global offices to provide unique and best-in-class insights for our clients across the energy industry.
- Generation of market commentary, written reports and delivery of presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Intellectual Curiosity: As an analyst for a global thought-leader, the role requires a genuine interest in the macro-economic, business and market dynamics of the global energy industry.
- Ownership: Westwood’s analysts are expected to take ownership of their market coverage and analysis, leveraging expertise across the group but also demonstrating independence and pride in their work.
- Analytical Skillset: The successful candidate will have a problem-solving & methodical mindset as well as the ability to collate, process and interpret large and diverse volumes of data.
- Diligence: A dedication to excellence is expected and the successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of efficiency and accuracy in written and quantitative work.
- Communication Skills: The successful candidate will be expected to liaise directly with Westwood’s clients at all levels, therefore the ability to receive and summarise information as well as clearly and professionally communicate work both internally and externally is key. Excellent verbal & written English is essential.
- Team Player: Ability to work cohesively with colleagues and form professional relationships at all levels.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferably in Geoscience, Engineering, Economics or Business).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (data handling/manipulation).
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Strong interest in the oil & gas sector.
- Previous data research and analytics experience.
- Knowledge of R is an advantage but not essential.
Westwood Global Energy Group is committed to encouraging Equality, Diversity and Inclusion among our workforce in everything we do and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org