In the first podcast of 2020, James West – Senior Managing Director & Partner of Oil Services, Equipment & Drilling Fundamental Research at Evercore ISI, New York – interviews Westwood’s Head of RigLogix, Terry Childs on the outlook for offshore drilling in 2020.
As part of the “Invest with James West” podcast series, James and Terry discuss a range of areas such as; what’s driving the difference in improvement between jackups and floaters, or whether the potential risk from Chinese shipyards flooding the market is a valid one?
To listen to the podcast, simply click play below or download the audio file, here.
- 1:40 – How has the industry changed during Terry’s various decades in the field?
- 3:30 – Offshore has seen monumental changes through this recent downturn
- 5:00 – RigLogix has also adapted to the industry’s new landscape
- 7:00 – Making sense of 2019 and 2020 for offshore drilling fundamentals
- 8:45 – Why did floaters and jackups experience different improvement in 2H19?
- 10:30 – Making sense of 2019’s record year in offshore FIDs
- 13:15 – The potential risk of Chinese shipyards over-supplying the market
- 16:30 – How should you think about the risk of rig reactivations and de-stacking?
- 19:30 – Let’s talk about M&A
- 21:00 – Let’s go around the world:
- 21:15 – Gulf of Mexico (GoM)
- 23:15 – North Sea
- 24:45 – APAC
- 28:15 – West Africa
- 29:30 – Middle East
- 31:00 – Brazil
- 32:45 – Let’s make a call! Where in offshore would Terry invest?
- 34:00 – Comparing offshore’s growth prospects versus U.S. land
- 34:45 – Parting thoughts and words of wisdom from Terry
“Invest with James West” was recorded by, and supplied courtesy of; James West at Evercore ISI, New York on 15th January 2020.