Paul Ezekiel, presents the roundup of some of the week’s key offshore rig news for week ending October 22nd 2021.
You can also sign up to join the RigLogix team for the Offshore Rig Outlook webinar on 10th November.
Click here to register.
- Valaris reports that it has been awarded a contract from Petrobras for cold stacked ultra-deepwater drillship Valaris DS-4
- Dana Petroleum has awarded a one firm well plus options contract to Island Drilling for the provision and operation of mid-water semi, Island Innovator
- Cairn Energy has awarded Shelf Drilling a contract to take the 300ft jackup Compact Driller for four wells offshore India
- The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled that seven offshore blocks in a disputed area be handed back to Somalia
- Carnarvon Petroleum has been awarded two shallow-water blocks offshore Western Australia
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) has reduced its planned $1.3 billion purchase of a 37% interest in the Deepwater Tano/Cape Three Points block down to $200 million and a 30% stake in the fields
- BHP hits hydrocarbons with the first of two Calypso field gas appraisal wells in Block TTDAA 14 offshore Trinidad and Tobago
- Jackup Valaris 121 has just spud a High Pressure & High Temperature well at the Dunnottar prospect for Habour Energy
- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Aker BP for drilling of wildcat well 24/12-7
- Market sources now are reporting that Japan Drilling jackup Hakuryu-12 will complete its contract for North Oil in November
- Ultra-deepwater drillship Noble Fay Kozack completed work offshore Mexico for Petronas
- TotalEnergies is reportedly looking to drill new development wells at its Kaombo South project
- Velesto Energy jackup Naga 6 will be deployed to the work at the Bokor Platform (BODP-F), offshore Sarawak
- Borr Drilling jackup Gunnlod is scheduled to complete its current drilling program with PTTEP Mduring the first half of November
- South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DMSE) has received notification from West Libra Inc, cancelling the resale contract for the Ultra-deepwater drillship West Libra
Alex Middleton, presents the roundup of some of the week’s key offshore rig news for week ending October 16th, 2021, including:
- India – only three companies bid on 21 available blocks in open acreage round six
- Chevron signs production sharing contract with Staatsolie
- UDW Stena IceMAX completes Repsol contract, heads towards Gambia
- Jackup Valaris EXLII completes work for Fieldwood departs for , heads to GoM before East Cameroon
- Jackup Noble Regina Allen, completes work in block 3A for BHP Offshore Trinidad, now headng to stacked location
- Advanced Energy Services jackup Admarine 657, arrives in Dubai for 4-6 month maintenance programme and SPS
- Vår Energi makes discovery with Rødhette exploration well offshore Norway, drilled by the Saipem UDW semi Scarabeo 8
- Jackup COSL Boss, schedule to finish three-well contract with Saka Energi in late November
You can also sign up to join the RigLogix team for the Offshore Rig Outlook webinar on 10th November. Click here to register.
Terry Childs, presents a 10-minute audio roundup of some of the week’s key offshore rig news for week ending October 8th, 2021, including:
- Lease Sale Coming For US Gulf
- Tower Resources shortlists two jackups for NJOM-3 appraisal well
- CP Latina receives extensions for Mexico jackups
- Ithaca awards contract to COSL Drilling
- SeaDrill UDW drillship arrives in Camps Basin Block BC-10 offshore Brazil
- UDW drillship Maersk Voyager has arrived on location in Block 48 offshore Angola
- Jackup Maersk Resolute (350′-IC) is nears the end of its contract offshore the Netherlands with Dana Petroleum
- Awilco Drilling MDW semi WilPhoenix (1,200′) is nearing completion of Ithaca Energy’s Fotla well (22/01b-12)
- Japan Drilling MDW semi Hakuryu-5 (1,500′) has completes eight firm wells with PTTEP Myanmar
- Contract pending for equipment recovery of Dynamic Drilling jackup Valiant Driller (300′-IC)
- DW commencing its next contract in Q1 2022 when it will drill at the Sasanof prospect for Western Gas
Click play below or for more offshore energy services news, view all content here.